Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I HAVE A SONY WEGA WITH 4 BLINKING LIGHTS WONT START. 3LCD…

I HAVE A SONY...

I HAVE A SONY WEGA WITH 4 BLINKING LIGHTS WONT START

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

3LCD BOUGHT AROUND 2006

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

REPLACED BULB

11/22/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Please get the tv model number off the back of the tv and reply back.

Kdf46e2000
Is this an easy fix or something I should just replace

I am checking that right now, please hold on.

4 blinks is an error code for a failed FAN. There are 3 fans in the tv and they are not easy to change. I can help you with that but if you cannot DIY, you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $300 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 46" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Thanks for your answer I’ll probably just get a new one