Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I'm having an issue with my Tritton Katana wireless headset.

Customer Question
I'm having an issue...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about a year old, not sure of the make/model, is there a number for that?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This issue has been going on for the past month but I just started gaming again a few days ago. I went and got a new charging cable since it wouldn't turn on. Now it works for a few minutes then shuts off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe that's it, I just would like to know why it keeps turning off if it's on the charger.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 9 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the headset work ok for a while after it is fully charged?

If so, then the battery is no longer storing sufficient charge, and will need to be replaced.

You can arrange a repair through your local dealer.

Hey there Pete, I have been charging it all day and off the charger it has worked for around 20 minutes. It's on the charger right now so I will see tomorrow how long it works without the charger. Whenever it turns off, it turns right back for a little bit. I have had this headset for a little over a year now and I just started having these problems.

Ok, then the battery is definitely failing and will need to be replaced.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------