Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have Panasonic viera TC-p60vt60 2013 about 2 wks ago only

Customer Question
on your tube when video...
I have Panasonic viera TC-p60vt60 2013 about 2 wks ago only on your tube when video reproduction is on appears black box in the middle of picture inside box:video I’d,viewport,volume ,connection speed,buffer health etc. please help
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have Panasonic viewable tc-p60vt60 2013 about 2 was ago only on your tube black box appears in the middle of picture 12 by 7 inch inside box:video I’d,viewport,volume,connection speed,buffer health etc black box only when videopeprodaction is on PLESE HELP
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For 2 was tried to press all buttons on remote tried new connections I’d with your tube
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 23 days ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is actually a known problem, which is a result of youtube having made some server environment updates, resulting in compatibility problems.

The underlying issue is that this model is no longer supported by panasonic, so there will be no future firmware updates for it and apps like youtube as a result will no longer work. You'll find that over a short period of time other apps like amazon and hulu will stop working as well.

There is no fix for that, due to the age of the tv it simply will not be supported with any future updates. This is typical for smart tvs, which in general, regardless of brand, get updated for only about 2 years.

The best option at this point, short of replacing the tv, is to supplement the tv by connecting an external streaming device, such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost and much better long term support.

My apologies for the news,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 17 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer