Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

The ring count will not respond to the instruction to change

Customer Question
Hello, JA: Hello. How can I...
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: The ring count will not respond to the instruction to change the # of rings
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is 4months old and had been working fine up until now.it is KX-TGF34x series
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been going on for just a day. I have tried multiple times to change the ring count, as it will only ring twice. I have also tried unplugging the base unit, as well as using both handsets to try and correct the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 25 days ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, can outgoing calls be made successfully?

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

• ...have you tried calling your home number using a cellphone?
  • ...confirmed the 2 rings only?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Outgoing calls are not a problem. Yes i have tried many times with my cell phone and confirmed there are only 2 rings.

Offhand, I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the Panasonic KX-TGF34 phone.

Which phone company is the service provider for your home/landline please?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Telus

Appreciate the information.

After the 2 rings, what happen please? ...any message heard?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
the answering machine comes on

Please confirm that you have observed the Panasonic's built-in answering machine comes on after 2 rings? ...and records a message?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Our personal message begins after the second ring.

How did you try increasing the number of rings please? ...specific steps?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
menu # 211 chose 5 rings- save- off
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I also tried different # of rings but that did not make a difference

Have you tried / can you please try pressing OFF first before the MENU / # 2 1 1 / 5 RINGS / OFF ?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I tried pressing off,then menu etc. that did not make a difference.

Bear with me for a final try, and consider even if just for test purposes:

• • call again your home number using your cellphone;
  • • do not answer the Panasonic KX-TGF34 phone;
  • • remember exactly the ringcount and message heard when the call is automatically answered;
  • • turn off, disconnect / remove the power and telephone connections of the Panasonic KX-TGF34 phone base / main unit;
  • • expectedly the Panasonic KX-TGF34 phone would not ring as it is currently disconnected;
  • • compare the ring count and message heard now and the earlier message when the first test call was made;
  • • if the same, then it would not be the disconnected Panasonic KX-TGF34 phone.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I followed the instructions and the result was the same.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
same result

Then as posted above, it would not be the Panasonic as it is currently disconnected:

• • it would be the phone company / Telus' VoiceMail service intercepting your unanswered calls;
  • • call and bring this to the attention of Telus;
  • • have them disable / turn off their VoiceMail feature to your home number which may have been inadvertently / accidentally turned on/enabled.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you

Great!

Glad that the above information served your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page

Louie, Technician