Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Vivitar ViviCam F126 camera. It keeps giving me an

Customer Question
I have a Vivitar ViviCam...
I have a Vivitar ViviCam F126 camera. It keeps giving me an error "SD Card is not Ready"
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ViviCam F126 - about one year old....
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A couple of days. Tried removing the card and putting it back in. Tried an entirely different SD card, put in new batteries....so far nothing works.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 26 days ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please what you have tried to do already to resolve this?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I've put in new batteries. I've pulled out and put back in the SD card numerous times. Then I tried an SD card from another camera - all with same results: "SD Card is Not Ready"
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hello? Is anyone there?

yes I am here

Did you check on the SD card in the event the Lock handle is set to lock?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
don't know which way is "lock" so I moved it to the opposite position and tried again - same message.

You should see it written on the card.

Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and turn it on.
Tell me please if it now connects with the SD card please
Thank you

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Did all that, tried taking a picture and the same message popped back up.

Even though the batteries run it they may not have enough charge to drive the card reader

Can you put new batteries in it and tell me how that works please

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I already told you that I put new batteries in.....

Sorry I missed that

I will opt out for another expert that can help you further

Thank you

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
How do I get my money back as advertised?
Richard, Customer Service