Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

In a rental property, just vacated, found a sentry safe

Customer Question
In a rental property...

In a rental property, just vacated, found a sentry safe mounted to the floor in the linen closet. No combination No key How to remove it from the property?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

OK, I do not have that information. Where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have not tried anything, yet. I was thinking I would have to cut it out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is all I know, at this time. Also, I am not on the property. Will be going there later on, today.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Usually it will be bolted to the ground, and you will need to undo the bolts in order to remove it.

Did you see how it is fixed to the ground?

Please let me know

It is usually bolted from the inside. Never mind. You do not have an answer for me.

Why are you replying with such a message?

I want access to the safe. Do I buy a new key? Call Sentry Safe?
Just bill me the $19 and I will go elsewhere. Thanks for your time.

ok, I was not sure if it could be opened, closed, the model... I was just trying to get some information from you... it seems I have upset you and this was not my intention...

But if you cannot open it, then the only way to retrieve the original, factory-set combination and / or key for your safe is by following the directions at the webpage below. You will need to provide your model number and serial number, in addition to some other information. The reason for this is you need substantial proof the safe is your's, else anyone could make contact and request for a combination which would falter the security and really make the combination worthless.

The process you start from is here

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

As you can see, you will also need to fill out a notary form to confirm safe ownership and prove your identity. Just click on 'Download Notary Form' from the link above, or for your convenience, you can also easily access it here:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

Once you submit your information to Sentry, it should take about a week to receive your combination from them. You can request expedited service, if available.

If you need to contact Customer Care Center for any further questions or information, you can do so with the information here:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

For your convenience, here are Sentry's Customer Service phone and Fax numbers:

Customer Service: 1-***-***-****

Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

The hours are 9AM - 6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change.

Again, if I offended you some how that was not my intention, I was only trying to get information to understand your situation