Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Have had my phone for a couple of years. After returning

from overseas have turned phone...
have had my phone for a couple of years. After returning from overseas have turned phone back on and cannot play my recorded message. I do not like the prerecorded message and want to make sure it will not play. Help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic KX-TGH222
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning it on and off. recording my message several times yet it does not play. I have never had this trouble before
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/21/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to listen to your messages?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No there are no messages. The rude message (prerecorded) does not let anyone leave a message. I want this message removed and the message I have recorded to play instead - but with no good result
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
why should I spend another $37 on a phone call?? I just want an answer!

Thank you

To do this, pick up the handset and press the Menu (right softkey) then #302

Then Yes

After a beep sounds, hold the handset
about 20 cm away and speak clearly into
the microphone (2 minutes and 30
seconds max.).
4 Press STOP to stop recording

Let me know how you go okeasse

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ive done this several times and the prerecorded message still plays instead of my message.

Who is your phone provider? eg: Comcast, AT&T?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Telstra

ok, it can be the telstra service doing the message

• Dial 101
  • Press 3 for mailbox set-up
  • Press 1 for greetings, then press 1 to re-record your greeting

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
My mailbox is "not in service at this time" so it can't be telstra!
When I dialled 101 I got the message that my mailbox is not in service at this time.

Prtess Menu #304 to put the pre recordered greeting on, make sure to press ok to confirm

Once done, try again to record your greeting and make sure you are selecting ok at the end to save it

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I am sorry but the prerecorded message is still playing. When you say to press ok at the end to save it the ok has disappeared by the time I come to the end of my message - so I press stop. by pressing the soft key where ok usually is makes no difference.
What am I doing wrong?

When you press stop, what do you then see on the screen of the phone?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
it goes back to the "record your message etc" so when I press the stop key i get the usual display screen

ok, but when someone calls they get the precorded message still correct?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
correct - I want them to get my message.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ive never had this trouble before. Is it that the phones are getting old??

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Oh dear, after doing all that - resetting date and time and then recording my message - the rude prerecorded message still plays!!!!!

Thanks

It is the internal memory in the phone that has faulted, it cannot be written to, this is the only cause remaining

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
thank you for your patience! I'm sure my phone is out of warranty.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service