Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My tv suddenly became a light blue screen without picture\ I…

Customer Question
My tv suddenly became...

My tv suddenly became a light blue screen without picture\

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have had this problem before ,. but I wouldcomponents 1 abnd 2HDMI 1 aqnd tw etd sssssspress the input button of Sony remote and I got list liky vcr,video 1 and 2 tv , its about 10 years old model 28m4000 a Sony

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Then after on the left side therec wsas a colum of 3 rings abd two of hev3 rrinds had colores yeloe ble and red and one of those 2x3 ring would bring the picture back usually threVCR one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Its been a couple of years now but not I the last couple of monhts

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you check if you are able to see the tvs own menu screens at all (using the menu button on the sony remote)?

the menu comes up but its now in Spanish it reads cable
hora/ timers
bloqueoentada s extremas
pc-pip
etc
if you can help me I'm all rifght with the computer
Nathan are you still with me?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

If you are just getting a blue screen, and no sound, you are most likkely just on the wrong input,

check where your device (like cable/satellite, etc) is actually connected on the back of the tv and make sure that cord is tightly plugged in, such as hdmi1 for example,

then take the sony remote and press the INPUT button, repeatedly, to get to that corresponding input mode and let me know if you get any picture/sound at that point.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.