Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have the Sony MDRRF995R headphones and I can't seem to get…

Customer Question
Hi! I have the...

Hi! I have the Sony MDRRF995R headphones and I can't seem to get them to connect to my ipad or iphone they are bluetooth

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Its headphones MD x RRF995R is the model number

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried to turn it on and connect via bluetooth

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

what exactly happens when you try to connect the headphones to a device?

What error do you get?

Please let me know

Thank you

Hi Richard, when I turn on my headphones, and open up my bluetooth on my iPad or iPhone, the headphones aren’t even showing as an option to connect to.

Are these the headphones you have?

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=MDRRF995RK&LOC=3#/howtoTab

Did they come with a stand?

That is what I have.

ok, they are not bluetooth headphones sorry, the base unit plugs into the device and they connect automatically with the base unit

This is why you do not see them on the phone or ipad, they are not designed for this.

Wait, so how do I use them???

With the iPhone and iPad you really cannot, you need to get bluetooth headphones to use instead

Okay, how do I use the headphones at all? How do I connect them to something?

You will have a cable that connects the base unit to a device like the TV's stereo jack or the iPhone ect.

You charge the headphones and it will then play the content.

If you look at the link I gave

You will see the page on the right shows the exact setup steps with pictures on how to use it.

Do you see this?

Ok, I did not hear from you but If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you