Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do i program my personal message on a 6.0 cordless

How do i program...

How do i program my personal message on a 6.0 cordless telephone with answering machine

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Does KX TGA 410 help?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried to do it myself but i urgently need to change my old message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Unfortunately no

11/20/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone/message system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) How do you normally retrieve stored messages (press a "play" button on main base, dial into system, etc.)?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) How far did you get when trying to change the personal message?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Model No. KX-TG4131
press play on main base
comcast
nowhere -- seem to only make a mess
the base has 5 buttons: erase stop answer on/off locator and play

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Let me send you the steps for recording a NEW greeting - which should replace the current greeting if you are successful.

1) Pick up any handset while the system is not in use.

2) Press MENU, then # 3 0 2 (pound-three-zero-two).

3) Press the UP/DOWN to highlight "Yes", then press SELECT soft key (button below display)

4) When beep sounds, hold handset about 8 inches away and speak clearly into handset microphone.

5) Press STOP soft key to stop recording.

NOTE: Greeting SHOULD play back at that time.

6) Press OFF button - to exit programming.

I also have a link to a video that shows this process.

Click Here for video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqnQLiaGO7Q

Please give that a try and let me know if that works, or if you have any more questions about this phone system.

Thanks, ***** *****

the new message works very simple! thanks! But I still have VM showing is Comcast still trying?

IF you have VM showing - such as "New voice mail", then that would mean that the Comcast Voicemail system may ALSO be active.

NOTE: The provider's voicemail system is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from the answering system that is built into the Panasonic system.

If you want to use only the Panasonic system to take your messages, I would recommend contacting the provider and having their voicemail system set to OFF.

OR you could switch to using only the Comcast system. In either case, I recommend using ONLY ONE message system - to avoid any confusion between the two different systems.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Problem was solved -- very fast, I must say! Thanks! EUS

You're quite welcome and I'm happy the system is working for you again.

Please let me know if you have any similar phone system questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.