Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have been having problems with my Panasonic phone model

Hi, I have been having...
Hi, I have been having problems with my Panasonic phone model #KX-TGEA20 almost since the beginning, about a year or more ago.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: The ongoing problem has been that the phone simply "dies", or cuts off, after @16 mins. of phone conversation for no apparent reason. So, that's the first issue. Now, there is another problem with the answering machine, which cuts off the message i left, and prevents anyone from leaving me a message.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: @ a year
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I always liked Panasonic phones, until this one. No, that's it.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/21/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it cuts out, does the screen on the handset go blank?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No

Ok, so it just hangs up and you can call straigt away if you wish?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, the phone cuts off and the phone is not usable again for a period of time also the second problem is pressing as well in that the answering machine message that I have left cuts off and the person is unable to leave a voicemail message for me

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I would have no way to know if the phone is going to function correctly, unless somebody calls me and I'm on the phone for more than 16 minutes and it doesn't cut out.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What about the problem with the answering machine
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Btw, the phone has two handsets, and when the phone cuts out during a conversation those handsets are not usable either
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Do you have any ideas about how to fix the answering machine because at the moment that is the bigger problem because I am having a party in 3 weeks and no one can leave me a message now

See if the answering machine now works please, have someone call and try to leave a message

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Did you want me to remove the power from the handset and take out the batteries to solve the answering machine problem or the phone problem I wasn't clear on that

To attempt to solve both please.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Okay it's going to take me a few minutes I just woke up

thanks

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I am waiting the 10 minutes now

ok thanks

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Same thing with the answering machine it cuts off right after I say hello on my outgoing message
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It only started doing this about a week ago, so something has changed

Is the phone still cutting out after 16 minutes?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I would assume so I did not answer the phone when I called it from my cell phone. I can live with the phone cutting off after 16 minutes for the moment but the answering machine problem is more important right now

Thanks

It is the internal memory on the phone that has faulted, this explains both the cut out on the phone and not recording to it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The phone is over a year old so if the warranty has expired you're basically telling me that I need to buy a new phone correct

yes sorry, the memory is on the mainboard on the base unit, but to pay for the repair for this is not possible as they do not offer it to consumers as it is too chost prohibitive.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Do you have any way of checking to see if I submitted the warranty card on the phone when I bought it? Also how long is the warranty on the phone
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How much am I paying for your help?

You do not have to do the card, it is covered by the reseller, how long ago did you purchase it?

and the cost is what you paid when you created the question, nothing more. This I cannot see.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I bought the phone at Walmart it was a little over a year ago I think maybe a year-and-a-half

ok, you need to check with them as they will cover all warranty returns for you. It is always done via the reseller.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I paid a $5 deposit that they said was refundable so I'm not really understanding what I have to pay for
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How would they know how long the warranty is on the phone though?

You are paying for the service I provided you, now you are saying you are going to get it refunded?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
This is the only Panasonic phone that I've ever had a problem with but the problem was really from the beginning. Do you have any recommendations when looking for a new phone with additional headsets as far as what I should do or should avoid
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
When I submitted my credit card they said I was paying a $5 refundable deposit that's what I'm saying.

This is my livliehood.... I do not work for free sorry, it appears now after receiving the service from me, you are now trying to get a refund, and still trying to get more service from me.

Whilst it is a pity you decided on this route.once you received the service from me as a customer you can of course get a refund as you wish., ,you will need to contact customer service for your refund.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I believe you misunderstood my comment about the refund when I submitted my credit card it clearly stated that it was refundable and I asked you what the cost was for my contact with you and said you did not know which I find hard to believe

No problem at all.

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service