Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have Panasonic home hand sets three - changed carriers and…

Customer Question
I have Panasonic home...

I have Panasonic home hand sets three - changed carriers and for voice mail I have to dial *98 and old system was *298 - how do I remove *298?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Over 5 yrs - KX-TG6441

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Couple weeks - don't know how to fix

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

You will need to reprogram the voicemail shortcut key,

to do so take your handset and key in Menu#331

then press and hold CLEAR, to remove the 298

then in its place type in *98 to enter the new number,

when done press Save, then Off

going forward the VM function will dial *98 for you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

how do I find vm short cut key
how do I find vm short cut key?

That is the same button you've always used to check your messages.

inable to follow your instructions?

Can you tell me specifically where you're getting stuck?

The process I mentioned is to program the voicemail access feature,

this is a shortcut and is entirely optional.

You can also just pick up the phone and dial *98 manually to check the messages

when I add *98 to enter new nbr there is no save button???
Did you clear the existing number? When you did menu#331 did it reflect *298 as the current entry?
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.