Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I want to ask a question but not about a phone. I bought a…

Customer Question
I want to ask...

I want to ask a question but not about a phone. I bought a Vtech baby monitor about two weeks ago. I am 77 years old and have my 97 year-old mother living with me. I need the baby monitor so I can hear her when she gets up at night. The monitor is preset at 3 and I need it higher as I wear hearing aids during the day but you cannot wear them at night. That means that the sound set at 3 is not loud enough to hear when I am sleeping especially since I can't wear my hearing aid to bed. If this model cannot go higher, is there another model that will? I would appreciate your help in this as I will have to search for a monitor that will be loud enough to wake me up.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

This is not a phone. It is a baby monitor through vtech.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been going on for about two weeks since I bought it. The manual says the unit is preset at 3 but there are two extra spaces on the volume where you could go higher but when I push the V button it still stays at 3.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need help in raising the volume.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me the exact model monitor you have? It should be printed on the back.

Please let me know