Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

300+ feet of RG11 coaxial being used as cellular signal

Customer Question
Greetings: 300+ feet of RG11 coaxial...
Greetings:
300+ feet of RG11 coaxial being used as cellular signal booster cable. (Outiside to inside)
Will I need to boost the signal from the antenna to the signal distribution device?
If yes, what type signal booster is to be used a "powered" booster or a passive "non powered" device?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

I look forward to helping you today.

Cellular boosting systems should come with their own boosters. May I ask for the brand and model name of the booster you are using?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Jason,
Please re-read my question.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Hello sir or madame,

I have installed thousands of networks and have setup more repeating stations than I can remember.

Perhaps, I misunderstood the initial question.

Do you have a signal boosting system or do you just have a coaxial cable?

I only see what you see on this page.

- Jason

I apologize. I misunderstood your reply. I am getting that information now. Will respond shortly
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Thank you.

This is the info I was able to gather, the equipment is remote to me right now,
weboost, model:(###) ###-####(model number from documentation) model: 460001 (model number from one of the package devices).
Hope that helpes.
By the way, the system has three components, outside, inside, and AC power.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Are you using the RG11 cable that came with the system or are you adding that cable after the fact?

I have purchased additional coax for an extended distance installation
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Running such a length of RG11 cable will require a booster of sorts. The best option would be to use a shorter length of RG11 cable.

Is there any way that you can use the shorter RG11 cable that was included in the package or will that simply not suffice?

No. Not possible
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

I am quite sure, this will not work for you in that case. I will opt out and allow another to help you.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Thank you. Have a pleasant day
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

You are most welcome. Thank you