Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a vtech baby monitor and the screen just shows a half…

Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a vtech baby monitor and the screen just shows a half green and half purple screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its about a year old but i have only used it a couple of times, i don't have the box anymore but from memory i think its a safe and sound

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its only really worked properly for about a month, i sent it back to be fixed but they said it was working fine so i tried it again and it was fine, but when i unplugged it it didn't work again, the only thing i have tried is turning it off and on again and changing to a different power point but the screen just stays green and purple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Pwer it off and remove the power to the unit and let it sit for 20 minutes.

Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me how it then performs please

Hi Richard, I done what you told me to do and plugged everything back in and turned it on an everything is the same, top half of the screen is green and the bottom half is flickering purple

Thanks

It is the internal LCD controller that has faulted, this is the cause for this, it can work after being switched off for a long time with no power and likely why it worked for the company when they tested it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced though as this is a hardware issue. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

That’s ok I can’t afford it but thank you anyway

Ok, I am not sure sorry what you mean with affording something... but did you see my last message?

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Thank you again

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.