Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Acer tablet will not shut off. It is flashing. Iconia One 10

Acer tablet will not shut...
Acer tablet will not shut off. It is flashing.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Iconia One 10 B3-A20 It is 1 year old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started about 20 min. ago this evening
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will not shut off.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

This should force it off.

Then power it on and tell me how it then performs.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It does not shut off after holding the power button. It is still flashing. Sorry.

That is ok

Remove the power cable then hold it down for 60 seconds

Does it then shut off?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I do not wish to call you at this time.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
no will not call.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Sorry it does not shut off.

Thanks

It is the motherboard that has faulted, it is not registering the shutoff command at all. Once the battery runs out, it will likely not start up again.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Acer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Tablet seems to be stuck on and flashing.

yes, it is the motherboard that has faulted, it is not registering the shutoff command at all. Once the battery runs out, it will likely not start up again.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you for your suggestions Richard.
Richard, Customer Service