Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Dammit! I just wrote my message and someone changed the

Customer Question
Dammit! I just wrote...

Dammit! I just wrote my message and someone changed the screen. I have not made coffee for many years. I am 94 years old. It is Sunday evening. I need instructions how to make coffee in my Mr. Coffee.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

I do not know. It was here when I moved into this apt. I will go look at the machine and see if I can find any useful data,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I find a model DR4 on the bottom of it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I start to make coffee? Put in water? Put in filter? Add how much coffee? is there a Start button? Old woman here -- good natural mechanic but hasn't made coffee in 30 years.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

That is a very basic model coffee maker, it has no timers or programmable features, it just brews a pot of up to 4 cups.

Lift the lid at the top, which hinges at the back.

Fill the carafe with 4 cups of cool water (or the desired amount)

Put a filter in the top and put in 4 scoops (if your coffee came with a scoop), or about 2 tablespoons per cup of coffee you wish to make, so if you want 4 cups you'd use 8 tablespoons of grounds (this makes strong coffee, use half the amount if you like weaker coffee).

Pour the water into the compartment at the back, on top of the maker

close the lid and replace the carafe

flip the switch on the front (a light should come on) and the coffee should brew in a few minutes.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,