Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I replace the head on my Philips sonicare adaptive. I…

Customer Question
How do I replace...

How do I replace the head on my Philips sonicare adaptive. I have the replacement brush but I don't know how to remove the old brush or put on the new brush. When I push or pull on the old brush nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My Philips is about six months old. As to model all I can say is there is no model number on it but it cost about $190.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've pushed, pulled and twisted on the brush head but it will not come off. I've never replaced the head.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are no tools or special procedures needed, the head simply pulls off. They often are a bit difficult as they can get stuck with hard water minerals and dried up toothpaste.

Grasp the body of the sonicare and the head in opposite hands and simply pull them straight apart. It may take some force, but it should come off.

If it appears badly stuck, put the head , all the way up to the neck of the toothbrush, into a glass of very hot water and let it soak for an hour, then try again.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Thanks. I give you a five star rating - excellent. IO can't get your web-site to register the stars.

You're very welcome! (the rating bar should show now)