Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Ive used my Bose Color Link II just s few times and now I…

Ive used my Bose...

Ive used my Bose Color Link II just s few times and now I can't get it to power up. Reading the on-line tips isn't working either.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Soundlink Color II. A couple years old.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried following the instructions on Bose website. while plugged in, I pressed the play button for 10 seconds, then unplugged it while still pressing the button, then released the button and plugged it back in.

11/19/2017
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If it won't power On, try charging it overnight, continuously, regardless of whether it indicates fully charged or not.

Then try to turn it ON again after that. If it still has problems, turns on for but a short time, or fails to turn On at all, you may simply have a defective battery in the SoundLink.

That would require repair or replacement of the battery.

Let me know, if you are interested in pursuing this option, and if so, where you are located (by zip code or town/city and state) and I will recommend places to go to have this repaired.

I will try charging it overnight then.

OK... after that, let me know how it goes. Good evening, meanwhile.

It didn’t turn on this morning either.

I'm sorry to hear that. Repair, or replacement of the battery in it, at least, will be necessary.

Would you like advice on options? if so, tell me in Reply where you are located (by zip code or town/city and state) and I will recommend places to go to have this repaired.

we live in Cook, MN. 55723

I am honestly not sure, given your location, where to recommend or suggest that you take it for repairs. Certainly there is no location near your city, that I could find upon some searching.

Sending it off to a central Bose servicing facility, might work, perhaps. Would you consider that as an option?

I would consider mailing it to a service center to get repaired.

OK... call Bose Factory Authorized Service, at 1-***-***-****.

(I suspect they are located in New York state, but am not sure of where to mail or ship Bose equipment to under their terms... you will have to ask them for such details.)

Russell H., Service Tech