Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Have Srreaming Stick Model 3800RW. Am installing on Asus.

Have Srreaming Stick Model 3800RW...
Have Srreaming Stick Model 3800RW. Am installing on Asus
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model 3800
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: rw Purchased two days ago. This a new initial set up.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/19/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, you can't install the Roku stick on a computer, it installs on a TV (it requires an HDMI INPUT port- the one on an Asus computer is an output port). Are you looking to setup the Roku on a TV?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have read several articles and seen videos of 2017 model of Streaming Stick installed on a Monitor such as mine. Requirements are that the monitor have an HDMI port and speakers.

Okay, all you said was Asus- had no way of knowing it was a monitor. Thanks. Where are you getting stuck? What's the model number off the back of the Asus.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Model 3800RW

That's the streaming stick. What's the model number off the back of the Asus as asked please?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Asus VG245

What Input mode is the monitor set to right now, and what do you see on your screen please?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
model 3800rw unable to install on asus vg245 monitor (two hdmi ports, plus speakers). set up freezes at various steps, but never completes procedure. have followed all troubleshooting recommendations
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
By mode do you mean resolution? 1920 x 1080
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

To test if the stick is functioning correctly, can you connect it to a TV and tell me if you can complete the connection on that please?

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I shut down my pc then re-installed the streaming stick. Worked fine. Apparently, the pc blocked the wi-fi signal. Thanks anyhow.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service