Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Roku just stopped working. I have a black screen, an d…

My Roku just stopped...

My Roku just stopped working. I have a black screen, an d none of my buttons work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Model 2450x and it is 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This just started about an hour ago. For the last 2 days my main menu screen shrank about half size and is in the upper left part of the screen. I was watching a show and I was going backward. When I hit play I had volume, but no picture.

11/19/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Nothing changed, still have the black screen

Did you remove the power cord from the ROKU?

ok, let's continue online.

Josh, Technician
The Electronics guy
The Electronics guy, Systems Engineer
Phone call session started