Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have recently purchased a Panasonic Compact Stereo System

Model No. JA: What's the make/model...
I have recently purchased a Panasonic Compact Stereo System Model No.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Make is Panasonic Model No. SC-HC39 - brand new last 3 months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No problems - unused - will it work in the UK (Voltage etc)?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you!
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I did some research and unfortunately, the SC-HC39 will not work in the UK. This is because the SC-HC39 is rated to work at 120V, 60Hz while the power supply in the UK is rated at 230V, 50Hz. In addition, the type of plug used on the SC-HC39 is A/B whilst the UK uses G type plugs, so it would not be able to plug into sockets in the UK. If you even got an A/B to G type plug converter, if you plugged the audio system into a UK socket, it would burn up. So, the SC-HC39 will not work in the UK.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I give full marks for the response time and helpful advice. Thank you very much. Keith Taylor

Hello Keith.

You are welcome. Since my answer was helpful, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically. If you are unsure of how to rate my answer, please click here to see how to do it.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.

JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
JA Engineer
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer