Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Which Roku channels have closed captioning? My Smart TV is a

Which Roku channels have closed...
Which Roku channels have closed captioning?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My Smart TV is a Samsung purchased 8n 2010. It is a Series 6, 6500 (55"). I get DirecTV and Cosed Captioning is available on all channels.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I see no ability to get Closed Captioning on any Roku channels using the Roku remote.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,
11/18/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. To open the captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear.
    • Off – captions never appear
    • On – captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channel.
    • On replay – captions appear only after pressing the Replay button on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay)
    • When mute – captions appear only when volume is muted. Note: this is not available on all Roku devices.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

Josh, Technician
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Josh, your response answered my question. What I'm unhappy about is after I approved the charge of $5.00 I found an additional $21.00 charged to my card.
Josh, Technician