Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Nathan: I bought the box that transfers from the Xbox One to

an analog RCA cord so...
Nathan: I bought the box that transfers from the Xbox One to an analog RCA cord so I can plug into my receiver. Now I don't see a toslink out for audio on my Xbox. What do I do?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It looks like I actually need an HDMI from the xbox to the adapter and not a toslink.
11/18/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
There is a Toslink out from xbox labeled S/PDFIF...would that be the one I want.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'm trying to connect sound out to my stereo receiver using an adapter that converts to RCA. I thought I needed a Toslink out...then couldn't find it on xbox because it has a little hatch over it. I plugged the toslink from xbox into that....then I'll try into the Tashain adapter box that you recommended then rca cables out to the receiver. I hope that is it, otherwise I'll have to send the adapter box back and get something different.

Yes, that is the one you want, you can connect directly to the spdif port on the box

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'm sorry, but I am not electronically minded (66 years old...still using rabbit ears on my TV. I will try it later because I have to go right now. Can I write back on this communication string if, after I return and try it, I have any problems??
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Should I wait to give you a rating when we are done communicating on this question?

No problem at all, take your time and you can reply back here anytime, rating at your convenience as well I'll continue to help either way.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks, also the instructions that came with the Taishan, say to set "digital output of sound source to PCM. I looked at settings on the xbox and didn't see anything that said PCM. I looked at the TV settings and likewise didn't see PCM. What do you think? Talk later.

I think I mentioned that in our prior conversation as well,

you can use optical off the tv, if you have hdmi to the tv, and the tv will have a setting in the audio/sound options to set the output format to pcm or stereo or bitstream.
The xbox should have the same option if you look there again.

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
the audio settings I can find on xbox are HDMI Audio or Optical Audio
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
YAY !!!!!s did it.....IT WORKS....FULL SURROUND SOUND OFF OF XBOX....!!! You're the best. (I may be back :-) Thanks again.

Great! Glad to hear that did the trick for you, Don!

Nathan, Engineer