Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an m&s mc602 that turns itself on and raises volume…

Customer Question
I have an m&s mc602...
I have an m&s mc602 that turns itself on and raises volume to 32 max. Once that occurs, the other buttons such as power and volume down don't do anything. I have disconnected all remote speakers at the board, chimes and antenna but still doesn't matter. I originally thought one of the satellite speakers volume up/on buttons was sticking but I have disconnected all those.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That is very likely to be a defective up-Volume or Volume+ button. Probably one that is stuck down. Tap that volume sharply several times, see if it feels as if it is coming back when struck, or descending when struck at least - if not, it is probably stuck down.

If that's not it, then the control circuitry of your MC602 is likely to have a defect, and the device will need servicing.

Let me know how it goes, in Reply, and whether / if you need more help, and I will provide help and advice further as necessary.