Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

HOW do i "add" applications to smart TV, EXAMPLE, ADDING…

Customer Question
HOW do i "add"...

HOW do i "add" applications to smart TV, EXAMPLE, ADDING "HULU" APP

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

XBR-79X900B, SONT

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This isn't a technical issue, its just that Hulu is not an APP that is available on the TV

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

are u working this question
no

Yes, I'm in the process of sending you some information here, please allow me time to do so, each time you send a response I lose what I'm working on and have to start all over.
I don't know what you are saying no to.

Take the sony remote, and press the XMB button (cross media bar, the one that looks like an x or cross made up of little dots), which takes you to the smart apps home page,

from there look at the top for a search bar, and type in hulu, and it should then find the hulu plus app as an option for you to select.

Let me know if that works for you.

ok - I'm confused here, how much does this cost? based on the website i thought it was $5

No, this is not and never was 5, that was just the fee to post your question. The total is the amount (5+balance) that you agreed to on the payment page.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.