Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My ipad just quit. I've lost everything. It was working okj

Customer Question
my ipad just quit. I've...
my ipad just quit. I've lost everything. It was working okj I shut it down & charged it, when I turned it back on it saied I had to set up my ipad. I don't understand it! it is 4-5 yrs old.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Apple 4-5 yrs
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started .I've turned both power buttons to get Apple & it comes up but does nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 28 days ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The "set up" screen will appear during an operating system update too and after you complete the set up, it will go back to your normal iPad without any issues.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I got to a place where I have to input ip etc which I have. What do they mean by "search domains " in the set up?
You need to select your WiFi network from the list
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have
Please follow the screens to complete
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I've entered all the info but nowhere does it show submit etc !???
Entered all of what information?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
IP address etc!
You do not need to enter an type of IP address. It appears you are on the wrong screen
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
we don't seem to be getting anywhere . I can't go anywhere on this pad. When i swipe it , it takes me to the wifi page. I selected the wifi & when i click on it, i'm told the ipad has to be set up. I think i'm going to go to an apple store to see what they say.
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.