Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My ipad just quit. I've lost everything. It was working okj…

Customer Question
My ipad just quit...

My ipad just quit. I've lost everything. It was working okj I shut it down & charged it, when I turned it back on it saied I had to set up my ipad. I don't understand it! it is 4-5 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Apple 4-5 yrs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started .I've turned both power buttons to get Apple & it comes up but does nothing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The "set up" screen will appear during an operating system update too and after you complete the set up, it will go back to your normal iPad without any issues.

I got to a place where I have to input ip etc which I have. What do they mean by "search domains " in the set up?
You need to select your WiFi network from the list
I have
Please follow the screens to complete
I've entered all the info but nowhere does it show submit etc !???
Entered all of what information?
IP address etc!
You do not need to enter an type of IP address. It appears you are on the wrong screen
we don't seem to be getting anywhere . I can't go anywhere on this pad. When i swipe it , it takes me to the wifi page. I selected the wifi & when i click on it, i'm told the ipad has to be set up. I think i'm going to go to an apple store to see what they say.