Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Sentry home safe will not open with key. The make is SENTRY,

Customer Question
Second opinion] Sentry home...

Second opinion] Sentry home safe will not open with key.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The make is SENTRY, and it's about 12 years old. I don't have access to a model number

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been about a week. I try the key daily. I insert the key ok, turn it to the right, and it pops out as it always did. However the door will not open.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Most Sentry safes also have a combination lock. If the combination dial has moved then you will need to enter the combination as well.

If you don't have a note of the combination, let me know if you need assistance in obtaining it from Sentry.