Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

With a panasonic TV how to get out of the home screen

Customer Question
With a panasonic TV...

With a panasonic TV how to get out of the home screen collection and back to full screen normal mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

At this writing moment I am not sure exactly how old it is perhaps 5-8 years old - The model No written on the rear label is: TH-L5Set60A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The full screen mode somehow disappeared for just about 3 weeks ago now displaying the Home Screen selection that I do not want - I tried to go to the MENU to find some selection that would return me to full screen mode, but I have so far not been successful - hence I turn to your knowledge and assistance - thank you - I am Georg Turin

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Which information do you require to be able to assist me sir?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

If you mean to get back to the home screen for other apps, use the Exit or Back button (a few presses may be needed),

if you want to get back to another input like cable/satellite or dvd press the Source button on the remote and choose the desired input mode there.

If that still does not work, the tv may be locked up, and you can unplug power at the mains for a few minutes as a quick reset then test again.

Let me know if that works for you please.

Thank you,

Sorry Sir, that did not work - it has no effect - in fact i am looking for some kind of manual, but have nown - I think it is all "on-screen" -yes?
That is correct the manual is the built in e help function in the menu. Did you unplug power for a few minutes?
Sorry Sir - I find your services no good - a waste of time and money - I need to figure this out for myself as you seem to be of no help Sir,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I can help you to resolve this, but please understand this is a conversation and a process, not an instant magic fix, so without the required communication from you, we really can't proceed to reach a resolution.