Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need a dy-wl10 for my Vierra model TCP65ST30, and i have…

Customer Question
I need a dy-wl10...

I need a dy-wl10 for my Vierra model TCP65ST30, and i have been looking on line for the part. None of the models shown indicate that they are compatible with my model. How do I selecvt the appropriate dy-wl10 for my model Vierra?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic Vierra model TCP65ST10 manufactured in 2011

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I moved and lost the part and need just need to replace it. Panasonic discontinued the part and they are available on line I just need to know hows do know which dy-wl10 is com,patible!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer
Just to confirm you are looking for the dongle, correct?
If that is what it called. it is a receiver that is put into a usb port to access the internet
Is anybody there?
Hello!
Will I ever hear from you again?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed I'm only just now receiving all of your messages.

Yes, that is what it is called, it is a wifi dongle.

That particular part number is ***** only one that is compatible with your tv, they can be hard to find and expensive,

you can get them (used) available here: http://amzn.to/2zc4EWf

However, I would not recommend buying one. Even if you do, this tv is at the age where it is no longer supported, there haven't been updates for it in the past 4 years, and because of that many of the apps it had originally simply don't work anymore. Netflix may work, but amazon and youtube for example will not function at all.

For a fraction of what you'd spend on that adapter, which will give you minimal functionality you could instead buy a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards,

Nathan, Engineer