Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I set phone so that I can access messages from away…

How do I set...

How do I set phone so that I can access messages from away from home?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KX-TGE440

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I never had a need before. I know that there is some code that you enter to get message

11/17/2017
Eric, Technician

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good afternoon,

Give me just a moment and I will provide you with the exact directions to set that up :)

Use the steps below to setup, and then use the "remote" feature of listening to the messages from outside the home. My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

1. Setup your 3-digit passcode first
  2. On your handset press [MENU] and then dial #306
  3. Enter your choice of a 3-digit code and press [SAVE] -> [OFF]
  4. Now you are ready to use it.
  5. Cal your home phone number from any other phone
  6. When you hear your greeting start, press your 3-digit code
  7. Now you will be in your voicemail, and you will be guided to listen to, delete, skip, etc., your messages
Very good. Thanks

Thank you, ***** ***** glad I was able to help you with it. Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of this page before you leave!

Eric, Technician