Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an old Nexus 7 that I would like to turn on, however…

Customer Question
Hi John, I have...

Hi John, I have an old Nexus 7 that I would like to turn on, however when I try to do so, the Google screen comes up and then the google coloured balls start circling around on the screen and they don't stop. It just gets stuck here. I don't want to do a factory re-set as I have data on the device I don't wish to erase, as well as I am logged into apps that I can't remember the password ***** and don't want to be logged out. If you know how I can get past the coloured google balls and boot up the device, that would be wonderful.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It's a Nexus 7 Tablet. Its not a TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't used it for months, and tried for the first time yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it is a Nexus 7 Tablet running android software Thank you,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nexus and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Thank you