Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sentry safe and it won't let us put in the full…

Customer Question
I have a sentry...

I have a sentry safe and it won't let us put in the full code to open it. It beeps on the first attempt.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Let me check .. please hang on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can't find the the model but i have SN Just started today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Numbers on the front are CSW4747 and BG561175

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 5 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi…….what you may want to do is change the batteries first off.................depending on your model there should be a slide drawer battery compartment right under the key pad …… be sure to use only fresh, alkaline or lithium batteries (NOT rechargeable ones). Make sure the batteries are seated correctly with the positive and negative…. If there is any corrosion in the battery holder, clean it out with a Q-tip and alcohol ……then use a nail file or a pencil eraser on all the contacts ……..let it dry and reinsert the batteries

Then be sure of your combination and enter it …….you should see a display on your keypad and hear beeping as you enter the numbers. If you don't see/hear anything, there may be something defective with your keypad and/or the opening mechanism/actuator which may be preventing the bars from retracting.

More than likely it could be that all of the moving parts are in need of some lubricant ........what you can try is to put in the combination............tap around on the door (hinge side not necessary) with a rubber or wooden mallet while lifting the handle ..........you might need to try this a few times .....if it opens, then empty the contents from your safe, lube those moving parts including the hinges with WD-40, flex the handle a few times shut it and see if that did the trick

Use WD40 especially on the opening mechanism inside the door and also on the part of the bars that are closest to the door, enter your combination and try pushing on the bars to get them to retract. Use that same rubber mallet or a hammer with a towel wrapped around the head to tap on those bars and try to get them to retract if in case they aren’t

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor