Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

I love Panasonic; how ever the hand held phon's bass says,

Customer Question

I love Panasonic; how ever the hand held phon's bass says, "base no power...charging". My land line number is(###) ###-#### Can you help me?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: It is KX-TG6591
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Replaced the rechargible batteries, used a different receptical, bathe side table phones are doing the same thing. The wall phone works just fine. Being in our 70s it hard to navigate to the kitchen to answer the phone in time.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would appreciate talking to a live person. Thank you for you help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

2) WHERE exactly are you seeing the "Base no power" displayed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(18)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 hand sets. The two hand sets, one by my husband's chair. The other hand set is by my chair. The main base phone is in the kitchen. The verbiage "Base no power....Charging" is on the phone itself. The same area whitch alerts you of the phone number calling in. The main phone in the kitchen works fine and has no verbiage "Base no power....Charging"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're on fix incomes and not on welfare so if this typing does not work we will just do without these two hand sets.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

You may be seeing pop-up requests for a phone call or other "additional service".

As mentioned earlier, those requests are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).

Back to the issue(s) at hand.

It sounds like the handsets that are showing "base no power" MAY have become "UN-registered" from the main base. So let me send you the instructions for how to "re-register" the handsets and have you try that.

NOTE: Try to re-register ONE HANDSET AT A TIME.

The instructions are attached as an IMAGE, and you may need to click the link below to see that image.

Let me know if there is any trouble seeing or interpreting the instructions AND the results - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****