Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When I turn the power on on my dc fz80 the zoom is set to…

When I turn the...

When I turn the power on on my dc fz80 the zoom is set to over 200mm. How can i return it to no zoom?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Lumia dc fz80

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yesterday first time and i can't get it back

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just HELP

11/16/2017
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise you to reset the camera, and see whether that helps:

Press

MENU

SETUP (wrench icon)

RESET.

Also: do you have a user-removable lens mounted on the camera? if so, turn the camera OFF before removing the lens, then re-mount the lens after a glance at the lens mounting and a brief gentle brushing-off of the electronic / metallic contacts on the lens mounting (both on the camera body and on the lens assembly) with a clean dry soft cloth.

Now, if that does not help with the problem, please give me some background on the camera's history:

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?
Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

I couldn't get help with the websites that you mentioned but I did find one that worked. Now the language is Chinese and I can't find anybody to help me get it back to English so I can work on it. Thanks for helping and thanks for the follow up. marvin

Perhaps you applied a firmware update to the Chinese language. Is that what you seem to have done?

If so, the camera may not be curable immediately. Applying a firmware update back to English, properly, would be impossible - and if you had asked me, I would have directed you to an English firmware update source of the most impeccable legitimacy - it would be impossible now, owing to firmware updates stopping when they sense the version on the camera is already updated to current version #. But! if you wait a month or so, until a new firmware version is released from the legitimate site for such upgrades (which I will cite in a moment) then that will work, and it should turn back to English again.

(Now, if it wasn't a firmware update you applied, you should be able to simply factory reset back to English again, I would hope.)

Actually, I cannot find a legitimate upgrade site for this camera model, unfortunately. But tell me if what I have said is relevant, and I will search further.

Hi, All I wanted to do was go back to the original language or settings that were on the phone when I bought it. I found out that it went back to an earlier program and it was Chinese. I recall seeing the language change area on the phone before Microsoft ruined it but in Chinese it doesn't appear to have the language change capability. What I need is an address where I can send this camera to, to have it restored to new, like it was when I bought it. Thanks for your help though, but I think the problem is too big. marvin

Well, would sending it to Panasonic be OK? if so I'll give you their address and phone # for a service case of sending off your camera for this repair.

Thanks for your help and concern. I called a couple of places a couple of weeks ago and their phones were disconnected. I checked now and there are new listings and they look alive, so I will try them on Monday. Thanks again and regards. marvin

Please rate my work and my answer before you go, if you would, briefly in Reply if not using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer page for your question. Thanks, ***** ***** wishes Marvin.

Russell H., Service Tech
Thanks for checking on me. I don't have any problems at this moment that need your assistance. I send the phone to a company in Illinois who said they could help me. There were a couple of places here in Las Vegas who advertised for business but their phones were disconnected. So now I wait for the Illinois people to either fix it or come up with an excuse. Thanks again for your help and thoughtfulness. marvin konopik

I hope the Illinois company can verify that your phones are working quite well independently of the line service, at very least. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.