Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a panasonic KX-TGD560 landline phone and I cannot…

Customer Question
I have a panasonic...

I have a panasonic KX-TGD560 landline phone and I cannot convert time to standard time. It jumps back to daylight saving time

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About six months about 6 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

When the time change occurred I tried switching to standard time and it jumps back at the next hour

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Have you noticed a "pattern" of when the time jumps back to DST?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other "time keeping phones" (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (showing standard time)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

The time jumps back to dst at the next hour My provider is frontier

Hi again and thanks for that information.

What I believe is happening is that the service provider has NOT "updated" their Caller ID information - which is sent ever now and then OR when a new call comes in. These phones are set by default to "synchronize" their time with the service provider's Caller ID information.

These phone also have a "work around" to NOT use the provider's information to set the time.

Let me grab those instructions and send them to you.

Back soon, Greg A.

Hi again,

As mentioned in my last note - I really believe that this is an issue with your phone service provider - in that their system is "sending" the wrong time to your phone, in the Caller ID stream. I believe this should be reported to the technical support folks at the provider so that it can be corrected.

Now as a "work-around", until this is corrected by the provider, you can turn OFF (or set to Manual) the "automatic" time sync feature of this system. To do that, there is a "direct command code" to get to that setting in TEXT format.

When the system is NOT in use, pick up any handset and:
1) Press [MENU] followed by # 2 2 6 (pound-two-two-six)
2) Use the UP or DOWN button to highlight "Manual' on the display.
3) Press [SAVE] soft key (button below display), then press [OFF] button.

That should make sure the time is NOT changed by the Caller ID system.
After changing this setting, go back and enter the CORRECT time. It SHOULD stay the same now, until you change it manually OR set it back to the "Caller ID auto" mode.

NOTE: You may want to check back with the service provider support folks every so often, to see if the correction has been made to their system, and then turn the "auto" setting back on.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any trouble with these instructions, or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)