Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My picture has become too large, i donot know what i did,nor…

Customer Question
My picture has become...

My picture has become too large, i donot know what i did,nor how to shrink so that i can see the whole picture.please advise

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Large flat screen over 5yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened yedterday.tried all the buttons.how do i zoomin

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

i did all the things you asked-no change note,.one thing i forgot to mention was i called cogeco tech support last night about this problem and they had me do something which froze the aspect ratio .is this significant/

It can be, but what are you connecting to for a signal? eg: Cable box?

And what is the model of the TV?

i understood this discussion to be a 5$ retunable deposit. the connection is thru a cable box the tv is a TH-42PX80U

No this service is not free or $5

Please speak to customer service if you skipped over the costs overview when making the question

Thank you

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.