Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

On the main verizon control box (in my basement), I have a…

Customer Question
On the main verizon...

On the main verizon control box (in my basement), I have a battery replacement red light on and it beeps periodically. How do I get the battery pack replaced?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

This control box was installed 5 years ago when I moved into the house. It is a beige box attached to the wall near my circuit breaker boxes. No idea make and model, where do I get that info., off the box?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Last several days. I tried to unplug it and recycle, red light still comes on. Its got nothing to do with cell phones, it is a large battery in the main verizon control box. I assume it is the battery backup system.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To change the backup battery, please see the following video guide:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/quick-guides/change-battery-%20backup.htm

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I called a verizon 1-800 number and ordered another battery which will be shipped, with installation instructions, to me in 3-8 days. I believe the problem solved. All I needed was another backup up battery.

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

Have a great day :)
Pete.

Pete,You really did not do anything since I resolved it myself earlier in the day. I don't see how I can rate you and don't think I should even be chharged the $13.00.

For any account queries please contact customer services.