Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I own a kx-ta624 system have had a time it just now is

Customer Question
I own a kx-ta624...

I own a kx-ta624 system have had a long time it just now is having a problem with flashing different buttons and terminating phone calls making strange random beeps ?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Phones have been replaced several time the system is at least 20 something

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A couple of weeks, totally random, I restarted the whole system, I am in the process of checking each phone for damage , it kinda behaves like a phone is bad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No i guess that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me what you have already tried to do to resolve this?

Please let me know

completely restarted the system, I am checking each phone for damage , right now the auto answer mute button is flashing for no apparent reason, this issue are all random. sometimes all of the lights flash and it beeps it almost acts as if one of the phones has gone bad

Ok, if you try to make a call, what then happens?

it works fine,! what it does is randomly acts like a call is coming in but all of the lights flash then nothing else happens and there is no phone call it will sit silent for a while then it will sound like some one has pushed a intercom button the lights will flash then it goes silent

ok, one one of the problem handsets, hold # for 20 seeconds then release

Does this stop it?

I will have to wait until it happens it is random

How long usually does it take?

It just did it again and I pushed the # key and it had no effect on it line 1 is lite up but all you get is a dial tone and all of the lights have flashed

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the main base unit that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the system to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you