Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can I clean an unwanted vm code, yes, its been changed…

Customer Question
How can I clean...

How can I clean an unwanted vm code

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes, its been changed by comcast, model dect6.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since the new install tuesday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...dect6.0..." phone.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I have held down the # key until there is a 'beep' and the "new voice mail" message goes away, until a call comes in or I make an outgoing call. Comcast has supposedly 'cleared' the previous 'code' (which may have been put in 10 years ago), but it still keeps happening. The model is dect 6.0 plus. I have tried deleting any old messages as well.

Based on this, then there is a "message" or 'ghost of a message' still left in the VoiceMail server of Comcast, not in the answering system of the phone.

To confirm, call your own home phone number using the Panasonic. Follow the voice prompts. Or dial * 9 9 Check / listen / clear previous/heard messages.

Perhaps simpler yet, call Comcast to clear and disable their VoiceMail service. Inform them that their VoiceMail is intercepting/interfering with the built-in answering system of your home phone.