Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

The stand model KX-TG411CB is faulty there is no voltage to

Customer Question
charge the JA: What's the make/model...
The stand model KX-TG411CB is faulty there is no voltage to charge the
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The unit is KX-TG4111C Can I get a replacement base or where I have the unit serviced
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has just started and I took it to ADVANCE here in Winnipeg and it was determined that the base unit was faulty.There was no voltage to charge the batteries.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to get the phone working again or be able to get a replacement stand
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 29 days ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, which base has an issue? ...the main base unit that has a LOCATOR button? ...or the small docking station of the handset?

If the latter, which handset model is it?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The base unit with the locator button

I understand.

The repair needed is not that difficult as it involves the charging line and reverse polarity diode protector that needs soldering/changing.
However, it may be the man-hours cost / Service Fees that would be of a major concern.

If pursuing repairs, an authorized Service Center would be more to your advantage. Please click HERE.

Alternatively and perhaps simpler would be a replacement of the phone system.

Click HERE.

Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 24 days ago

Hi again,

Is further information/assistance still needed with the Panasonic telephone?

Louie, Technician