Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Pete: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it? I…

Customer Question
Hi Pete my name...

Hi Pete my name is*****: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I am looking for a tv remote control for a voxon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I think the number is ***** My friend is an elderly oerson from yucoslavakia hi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

HI Garth, I'd be happy to help with this but that isn't a valid model number, could you recheck it for me please?

I am in Australia and the only other notice is a barcode But the tv is aprox 5years old.VL820ysp38ss
number under that 10070264 Regards ***** ***** ok if you cannot come up with anything. I shall just go out and buy her a new set hi

Hi Garth, unfortunately I'm not able to find anything with either of those numbers.

I assume you are talking about a Voxson tv, and I can tell you that for a tv of this age and brand, there isn't going to be many practical options. These are some of the lowest quality tv sets made, it is amazing it is still working at all at this point. These sets are not very well supported by the manufacturer so there are limited parts available and these low quality brands are not compatible with universal remotes either. You would be better off to replace the entire tv at this point, though you'd end up having to do that before long anyway when it fails just from age. They do offer a voxson remote that they claim will work with all their models, but without a specific number for your tv to reference, I can't guarantee compatibility and I wouldn't consider the tv worth the price they are asking for a remote: https://voxson.com.au/product/replacement-remote/

My apologies for the news,