Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Sorry, Pearl, we got cut off. Starting again. Have a Pana

Customer Question
Sorry, Pearl, we got cut...
Sorry, Pearl, we got cut off. Starting again
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Have a Pana model Th-L32EM5A TV and a Samsung BD-H8500A DVD recorder
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just bought new recorder. Tried TV manual and recorder manual. Get to setup on recorder screen and Samsung logo on TV screen but no further
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My recorder manual says type in two digit codes to connect but nothing changes
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. How is the DVD recorder attached to the TV? (e.g. HDMI cable)
  2. Which port on the rear of the TV is the DVD recorder attached to?
  3. Is the input for that port selected on the TV?
Pete, Electronic Engineer