Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Hay, i need help freeing up some space on my galaxy s5, can…

Customer Question
hay, i need help freeing...
hay, i need help freeing up some space on my galaxy s5, can you help? are you busy at the moment? just have a few questions
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 5 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The files that take up the most space are Images, Audio, and Videos.

Go into Apps then My Files

Tap on the files that you wish to remove (hold on the item) and select remove to free up space.

Apps are another big one:

Tap Apps > then the Options (thee dots) button > then tap the apps you wish to uninstall

on my phone, it is saying that the internal storage is full. when i plug my phine into my computer and look at all the files on the internal storage, it only comes up with like 5 or 6 gigs, but on my phone it says 15.78 out of 16 gigs is used up????

Yes, the internal storage on your phone is showing your apps/cache as well but the the files on the internal storage when you plug it in, it doesn't show all system files/apps.

but still, thats like 10 gigs unaccounted for. i need help finding the missing 10 gigs
i have gone through and uninstalled apps and moved all videos and pics to my sd card and it is still saying internal storage is full??

Music and applications are taking up a lot of storage.

Applications will store your data in their cache and it can take up space.

can i clear the cache
  • Navigate to Settings
  • Tap on Applications
  • Tap on Application Manager and click on All section
  • Tap on the app
  • Click Clear cache
  • Navigate to Settings
  • Tap Storage
  • Next, tap on Cached data
  • To confirm that you want to clear Cached data tap OK
k that gave me a whopping 29.5MB......
Are you able to remove music? That is taking up over 2GB
k that gave me a whopping 29.5MB......
Are you able to remove your music?

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

i would love to give you a good rating, unfortunately my problem has not been resolved yet. the music your saying to get rid of is actually phone call recordings that i would like to keep on my phone. there is suppose to be 16g of internal memory. i don't have that many apps on my phone. i understand the phone needs some system files to function. so there should still be at least 12g of free internal memory that is unaccounted for. where did it go? whats using that space???
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago

There is 2.1GB worth of music that is on your phone. If they were all phone recordings, that would be thousands of recording. Are you sure that you don't have music on the phone?

Josh, Technician