Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

One of our remotes wasn't working so I changed out the

Customer Question
One of our remotes...

One of our remotes wasn't working so I changed out the batter but that didn't help so then I started moving the little buttons in the back and didn't realize that those were probably what made it specific to that fan (we have three with three different remotes). How do I figure out what combination to get it to communicate with that fan?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

UC7084T

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was planning on it. I don't think it's happened before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I still need assistance. I think I changed up the remote-to-fan code on my remotes (we have three) and I don’t know how to get them to match back up with their respective fans.

Original remotes do not need programming.

Do you have a universal remote instead of the original?

I’m not sure. When we moved in there was a fan and remote in each room. Then I changed the switches in the battery section to be the same and now two remotes control one fan and one fan had no remote. I can take pictures and send tomorrow if they will help.

Sure; take your time.