Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We have older Panasonic cordless phones model KX-TG6641.

Customer Question
We have older Panasonic...

We have older Panasonic cordless phones model KX-TG6641. SINCE MY HUSBAND HAS TURNED 65 WE GET COUNTLESS CALLS FROM EVERYWHERE. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BLOCK THE CALLS ANYMORE

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

NOT SURE, BUT PROBABLEY CLOSE TO 9 OR 10 YEARS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

THE CALLS HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS. MY HUSBAND IS HOME ALL THE TIME, I WORK. WHEN I'M THERE I ANSWER AND TELL THEM NOT TO CALL BACK BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENS. I DON'T REMEMBER HOW TO CALL-BLOCK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, NOT REALLY. BUT I RUN AN ANSWERING SERVICE AND WE GET RECORDED CALLS ON THE LINES ALL DAY LONG. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THEM WHEN I GET HOME. I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY PHONE # BUT IT MAY COME TO THAT

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) If I can get you an electronic version of the manual, would that help?

2) I noticed that this older system can only block about 30 individual numbers, plus "unknown" numbers (call marked as private). Do you feel that would be enough numbers to work for your situation?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

No. My husband said 30
numbers is not enough. The problem is once you block one number they just use another one

Hi again and thanks for coming back with that information.

NOTE: I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

If that will work for you, I may have a recommendation for you - for a device that can be attached to the phone line and can block 100s or even thousands of calls.

Let me know if this form will work for you.

Thanks

Please call my land line because Cell service not great at home call(###) ###-####but how will we recognise your # to pick it up. John says to identify yourself on the voicemail and we will pick it up right away.
Maybe. What is the cost and how difficult is it 2 install

I'm still at least five minutes from a phone - to be able to call.

And I go through a "auto-dial system" that connects us, so I don't know what phone number will appear on the caller ID. I believe it comes from the 415 area code, but not sure.

Let me send you a link (to Amazon) where I did a search for the term "Call Blocker for Landline: - and let you take a look.

Call Blocker for Landline search results
http://amzn.to/2bKpxLQ

I have an "old model" that I use, which is no longer made. But for me, its just a matter of plugging it into power (or installing batteries), then connecting it to a free phone jack. Then when the calls come in (perhaps for the second time), I just push the button.

Hi again,

I'm about to reach a phone.

Do you still need me to call, or did the link above show you a few choices?

Thanks

(im)

Are you still with me?

Do you still need me to call?

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer