Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My cordless phone will not hang up from a conference call I…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is Joyce. My cordless phone will not hang up from a conference call I was on last night. I got disconnected and I just hung the phone up. Today I haven't been able to dial out or get the line in use off of my phones.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

One year and a few months.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the first time this has happened. I've never had any trouble with my phone. I unplug the main base for several minutes and checked each phone to try and hang up and release the speaker part of the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think this is all. I did call the phone company and everything pointed to the phone not the service,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

The model # KXTGD220 .

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I also ask:

Thanks

Sorry for the wait. I went to check the phones again and had forgotten one. I have found the problem and its fixed. Thanks anyway.

Hi again,

Its sounds like you have the system working again.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer