Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My polk audio powered subwoofer tl1600 no power. PolkAudio…

Customer Question
My polk audio powered...

My polk audio powered subwoofer tl1600 no power

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

PolkAudio Powered Subwoofer Modle: TL 1600 MFR Date: 5/2016

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was just install June 2017, I figure it was working when install. I was checkiing things the other day a notice no sound from subwoofer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, the only easy user doable tries are:

• unplug for an extended period of time;
  • plug back in but into a different outlet.
  • set POWER to ON and not AUTO.

All others would be internal.

If so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

If pursuing a DIY, please post back with clear pictures of the internal circuitry particularly the power supply section. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Louie, Technician