Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Tracfone just stopped working.. Won't even turn on. No…

Customer Question
My Tracfone just stopped...

My Tracfone just stopped working.. Won't even turn on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No problem in the past. It's a ZTE Valet.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was working fine until yesterday. Turned it on - and nothing. I've had it charging all day yesterday. Just a green blinking light.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No - just want it to start working.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Phone.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I held the power button for 60 seconds, then plugged in the charger. The past 3 days it's had a blinking green button. Now it's steady red - still nothing on the screen. What does this mean?
I'm not paying for this! Please credit my card back. Not satisfied I'll call Tracfone which is what I should have done to begin with. It costs NOTHING!!

You can request a refund here

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0