Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a vintage Magnavox console stereo circa 1976. I need…

Customer Question
I have a vintage...

I have a vintage Magnavox console stereo circa 1976. I need a stylus/diamond needle. Here all the numbers: Astatic Mod 165D, N83SD needle, Model (?) M560355. Can I still get these things? Is there a generic stylus/needle that will work. Please help. You can tell I only know half what I'm talking about.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Bought in 1076. Of the numbers I previously mentioned, not sure which is the model #. 560355?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It needs a new needle #N835SD. We are searching for a new one that seems to be out of production. The unit is 50 years old. Needle worn out with age most likely. Are there comparable ones that will work in this unit?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I've given you all the numbers I have.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, please click / tap HERE.

Would this be the 'needle'?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.